2016 was actually a pretty great year. I had basically no issues with it. Yes, we lost lots of celebrities and politically it all seems like sort of a mess but nothing really awful happened to me personally.
I saw 4 of my best friends get married to loves of their lives, my sister and brother-in-law are pregnant with their first child (more importantly I get to be an aunty for the first time!), I travelled to new places like Oregon with my Mom, I visited friends I hadn't seen in years, I experienced new things, I started a new job with incredible bosses, I took myself on more dates (just because I'm single doesn't mean I can't date myself), I learned a lot about patience and trusting God, I made plans and was actually okay when they didn't work out, I made new friends that I know will be with me for life, and I finally hit 1k followers on Instagram (my small victory).
2016 helped me grow as a person and even though there were some minor hardships, I'm only focusing on all the good.
About halfway through the year, I downloaded an app called One Second Everyday. I love the idea of creating a sort of visual diary of my year (since I've always been awful at keeping a regular diary). This was a small part of my 2016.
I am, however, looking forward to what 2017 will bring. I love change. I love renewal. I love exploring.
I think 2017 will bring all this and more.
Here are some things I hope to see happen in 2017 (not resolutions because I have commitment issues):
- I want to explore new countries.
- I want to read more.
- I want to Netflix-binge less.
- I want to meet positive people and be okay with letting go of people who bring me down.
- I want to work on my commitment issues.
- I want to treat each day as a gift.
- I want to grow in my career.
- I want to visit more art galleries.
- I want to be the best person I can be.
- I want to be a blessing to those around me.
- I want to actually accomplish at least one of these things in 2017.
I think it's easy to make a list but difficult to actually be accountable. If you can help me in any of these things, give me a shout.
I also hope 2017 brings only happiness and joy to you. And that Betty White is saved by that crowdfunding page.